Many people find it challenging to store and pack food without using plastic. But there are a lot of good solutions as detailed below.
- Use glass jars and other empty glass containers that you already have on hand to store leftovers instead of plastic storage boxes.
- Keep leftovers in a bowl and place a plate over the top as a lid.
- Pack sandwiches in reusable sandwich bags or paper bags.
- For long trips, pour drinks into reusable bottles, like empty bottles that you already have on hand, rather than buying drinks in disposable containers.
- Replace your plastic cling film with beeswax wraps. They can be purchased ready to use or follow instructions online to make your own.
- If you need to use ziplock bags, it’s a good idea to wash them and reuse them as many times as possible.
Have something to say? Engage with others in our Plastlaus september discussion groups on Facebook or send us a message over email.