- Avoid buying items served in styrofoam.
- Choose eateries that serve their food in biodegradable containers (like paper or other natural fiber composites)
- Choose eateries that use washable dishes and utensils instead of disposable service items.
- If you choose to eat someplace that uses disposable service items, bring your own with you. Even reusing plastic items is better than using disposable utensils and containers.
- Decline straws and plastic lids when we order a drink.
- Ask the eatery to package your food in a container you bring with you when you pick up your order.
- Take your time and dine in if that’s the only way to avoid using plastic packaging.
- Decline straws, plastic lids and plastic utensils.
Drinks on the Go
- Bring your own reusable travel mug or cup.
- Decline the plastic lid if you forget your reusable container.
- You can often have your coffee served in a ceramic cup or mug to drink on the spot.
- Bakeries often package their items in paper bags, but it is still preferable to bring your own bag.
Ice Cream Parlors
- Order your ice cream in a cone to avoid the plastic spoon and disposable cup.
- Choose ice cream parlors that serve their ice cream in paper cups instead of styrofoam.
- Bring your own container if you intend to buy ice cream take home.
Have something to say? Engage with others in our Plastlaus september discussion groups on Facebook or send us a message over email.